Determining when your pool has a leak can be tough. Here at AquaBrite Pool & Spa, we thoroughly inspect pools and spas for leaks. The most common areas for a pool to leak are at the skimmer, drains, returns or tile lining.
Don’t forget, environmental factors can play a role in the water level also. If your pool’s water level is lower than normal, it does not mean it has a leak. Wind, humidity, and sun exposure all impact your rate of evaporation. Keep a lookout for these leak warning signs:
- Your pool loses more than 1/4 an inch of water a day
- There are cracks in or around the pool decking
- You need to add water more than once a week
- Grass around the area is soggy
- Your pool deck is sinking or lifting
- The bucket test indicates there is a leak